Autumn has well and truly arrived and my wardrobe definitely needs a few new additions to see me into this new season. Especially as it seems to have reared its head pretty suddenly. Now don’t get me wrong, Autumn is my absolute favourite season and I’m definitely much more suited to the cooler weather than I am to the sunshine.
My legs always feel much safer ensconced in a pair of opaque tights and chunky ankle boots than they do when they’re bared to the elements in the summer. September always makes me think of new starts and shopping sprees, probably because of the old back to school routine.
So I thought I’d gather together a few of my favourite items that will be making their way into my shopping basket this month, hopefully.
1. A nice new coat is obviously a must and this Two Tone Drape Coat is £98 from Oasis is absolutely gorgeous. The drapeyness (is that a word) makes it look really snuggly and the belt nips you in at the waist for a lovely feminine figure. I think it’s nicer in the grey but they also do it in a nude colour too.
2. This red Collar Jumper is £38 from Oasis is lovely and bright. A pop of colour always makes me happy in the Autumn. September can be a bit dreary so a pop of red like this can really brighten my day. Plus the collar is leopard print and that’s one of my absolute favourites.
3. I love tartan and this pinafore has a certain school uniform feel to it which makes it even more suitable for September. This green and blue Pinafore Dress is £52 from Urban Outfitters. I want to pair it with little white polo shirt, opaque tights and some chunky black boots.
4. I’m a big fan of the cut out side boots at the moment although it does mean that I’ll have to pay more attention to the socks I choose to wear. These are the Ultimate 2 boots from Office and they’re £85. I guess they’re not that great for the rain though.
5. I love the colour of this snood and I think it will look amazing with that grey coat above. This Hello Poem Snood is £18 from Topshop. That aubergine colour is so autumny and the bright turquoisey writing brightens it up, stopping it becoming drab.
6. I love green. So I was immediately drawn to it. River Island have some lovely satchel style bags in at the minute and this cross body bag is only £25. It’s not huge but definitely big enough for a shopping trip or day out if not as a day-to-day handbag. Maybe that’s only because I carry so much rubbish around with me.
Anyway, do you feel like September heralds new starts and a new wardrobe too? What are the key items you’re looking for?