One of the best things about the warmer season has to be making the most of longer days and sunshine in the garden by dining alfresco.
To offer a bit of guidance and some expert top tips on how to dine alfresco, Outdoor Living Buyer at Dobbies, Lynsey Abbott, said:
“Everyone should be able to enjoy the benefits of cooking outdoors, it’s such a staple of the spring and summer seasons. Quickly transforming your garden into a space for entertaining, from BBQs, pizza ovens, multi-functional firepits and chimineas – we have something for everyone. This year’s range features eco-friendly alternatives, bluetooth integrated controlled fans and wood-fired pellet grills to name a few. When warmer weather allows, it’s time to give the oven a break and rediscover the joy of cooking up delicious flame grilled food in yor outdoor space.”
Lynsey’s top 5 tips for BBQ beginners when it comes to choosing the right one for you…
- Decide what fuel source is going to work best for you. Gas and electricity have the advantage of being very easy to light and to control temperature, whilst charcoal and cooking on fire can take some getting used to but is definitely worth the time investment.
- How often will you be using the BBQ? If you plan on using it regularly, you should consider investing more.
- What size do you need, which is usually determined by how many people you will likely be cooking for and, of course, how much storage space you have. If you don’t have a garden shed or garage to store it in the colder months, you’ll need to think about a protective cover.
- Get a thermometer – some models will have one built-in, but it’s still handy to make sure temperatures are right to start cooking on.
- Be creative on the grill! As much as you can’t beat a classic burger, there is so much more that can be cooked outdoors, from halloumi to whole joints and delicious grilled desserts. Just because you’re a beginner doesn’t mean you need to feel restricted, there is plenty of inspiration to be found on Instagram and Pinterest.
- Did you know… If you find an identical product from one of Dobbies Garden Centres at a cheaper price in any UK retailer, in-store or online, Dobbies will match it and refund the difference. Find out more about Dobbies Price Guarantee at dobbies.com.
For more expert growing advice and seasonal trend insights, listen to Dobbies gardening podcast, available on Apple Music and Spotify. There’s a podcast with BBQ experts, Weber.